"I am tired of trying to hold things together that cannot be held. Trying to control what cannot be controlled. I am tired of denying myself what I want for fear of breaking things I cannot fix. They will break no matter what we do."
— Erin Morgenstern, The Night Circus (via anditslove)
When lies get a voice in your ear and whisper your deepest fears, well you can either believe or push past those empty things. Acknowledge the hard things as ships that are passing don’t let pain destroy your life. And pray that your misses find gentle forgiveness as deep as the hue of red wine; oh, there is love we can find we will find.
One of my favorite places in all of New York is probably the Brooklyn Heights Promenade. The panoramic view of Manhattan is the perfect establishing shot for any NYC fantasy, and really, you just sit on one of those lovely benches around the promenade, just soak it all in, and you feel lucky, so so lucky, to be physically there. Yup, you are not dreaming. This all real.
My love for Manhattan knows no bounds, but sometimes, I need to step out of this love bubble, this comfort zone of mine, and into Brooklyn, just to appreciate it more.
10. Koffeecake Corner Lexington - When I discovered Nutella Latte, there was no turning back.
9. Mie Jakarta - Nothing comforts the soul and warms my tummy like down home, authentic Indonesian spiciness.
8. Bookmarc - Whenever I am in need of a souvenir, a present, a fun shopping store, or just to waste some time, I know I can always count on Bookmarc.
7. MyWayCup Coffee - They have converted me to appreciate a good cup of coffee. Nothing energizes me in the morning but a wonderful cup of soy latte from these guys.
6. Century 21 Department Store - About 90% of my home goods are from here. Truly a lifesaver for great, affordable pieces. This new Century 21 location beats all else hands down with it’s wide aisles, clean open spaces, high ceilings and wonderful selection.
5. 230 5th rooftop lounge - Splendid summer memories bringing my out-of-towners here, wowing them with great views of New York.
4. Frying Pan - Another summer gem. Who doesn’t want to drink on a boat and feel the breeze? To chill, to chat, and to get chummy; oh the summer indulgence.
3. Cho Dang Gol - Anytime I have a visitor who is down for some good Asian food, this place always tops the list. I can never get tired of this Korean homemade tofu gem of a place. Also, many pregame memories made here that truly defined my 2012. Psst, hint hint, you must try the Makgeolli.
2. Cloister Cafe - Ah, my go-to spot while I was on a dating marathon stint. Lol. From awkward, pain-inducing dates, to wonderful, tipsy times with secret lovers, Cloister Cafe will always hold a special place in my heart. Do try the Rose-Mint Hookah flavor combo.
1. Central Park - This place is so huge, I will probably always find a spot for it in all of my Top 10 list. Wonderful summer concerts with good friends; quiet, peaceful times lying on a blanket with a book in hand; stealing kisses with my dates; stealing more than kisses with secret lovers…